A criminal conviction can have serious consequences. Matthew Jube, Attorney at Law, is a criminal defense lawyer in Provo, Utah whose law office has extensive experience in criminal law and negotiating with prosecutors. In fact, he has competently handled various jury trials, so you can trust him to present your case well.
If convicted for a criminal offense, a defendant faces several consequences, including license suspensions, the loss of employment, voting eligibility, changing permission to possess and carry firearms, fines, restitution, community service, incarceration, probation, and other penalties. Turn to Matthew Jube for skilled and aggressive representation in a criminal case.
What is Criminal Law?
Criminal law is the set of legal rules designed to deter wrongful conduct and keep the public safe. As established by statutory law, criminal punishments are proportional to the severity of the crime.
Criminal law is classified into two categories: misdemeanors and felonies.
- Misdemeanor – Misdemeanors are lower-level criminal offenses, often punishable by a fine or a short term of probation. In most states, they carry a maximum sentence of one year in jail. Examples include minor assaults, petty theft, possession of small amounts of controlled substances, and first-offense drunk driving.
- Felony – Felonies are more serious criminal offenses. They carry punishments of more than a year in federal or state prison. Crimes like burglary, murder, rape, and other white-collar crimes like embezzlement or money laundering count as felonies.
Criminal proceedings can be extremely complex. But as stated in the Sixth Amendment of the US Constitution, all criminal defendants deserve the right to proper representation in court. If you or someone you care about has been charged with a criminal offense, you will need the assistance of an experienced criminal defense attorney for proper representation at court.
A Professional Criminal Defense Attorney in Utah
Matthew Jube has personally handled various types of criminal offenses cases successfully. As an experienced criminal defense lawyer, he will gather the necessary evidence to strengthen your position. Furthermore, he and his team will identify arguments that could negate potential crimes and prevent hefty criminal penalties.
Matthew Jube knows what defense strategies work. By hiring him to defend you against serious criminal charges, you can expect the following:
- Plea bargain arrangements – Matthew Jube can negotiate with the prosecutor for a plea bargain. These deals could reduce the length of your sentence and even eliminate some of the charges against you.
- Devise a suitable sentencing program – If you’re found guilty following the trial, he can work out a sentencing program that ensures you don’t end up back in the criminal justice system in the future.
- Gather statements and evidence – Some witnesses may refuse to give information to people involved in a crime to protect themselves. He will gather statements from witnesses to strengthen your case.
- Explain the consequences – Matthew Jube has thoroughly reviewed the legal system. He will make sure you fully understand the consequences of the decisions you make during the process.
Get in touch today for legal assistance or for a free evaluation of your case.
Call Matthew Jube for the best criminal defense.