Clients often underestimate the effects of a misdemeanor charge because they consider it a “minor” offense. Brushing off a misdemeanor conviction and quickly pleading guilty to avoid the publicity of a trial have serious and long-lasting consequences, though. This is why seeking help from a misdemeanor attorney in Provo, Utah is the best course of action after being charged with a misdemeanor.
What is a Misdemeanor?
Misdemeanors are criminal offenses that carry a penalty of up to one year in detention. Apart from incarceration in a county jail, however, a misdemeanor offense also requires the payment of a fine. They include crimes like assault and battery, shoplifting, disorderly conduct, vandalism, prostitution, and drug possession.
A misdemeanor can leave an indelible mark on your record, so don’t be misled into thinking that it only has minor consequences. This is why clients need legal representation from a misdemeanor lawyer in Provo and other areas in Utah.
Matthew Jube offers the competent representation you need for your criminal defense. He and his associates will use all the resources at their disposal to ensure that the proceedings conclude with an outcome that is most favorable to your case.
The Potential Impact of a Misdemeanor Offense
Misdemeanors may not be classified as felonies — the most serious of criminal offenses — but they can still result in jail time, fines, or a combination of both.
While a lesser punishment could be negotiated for a misdemeanor conviction, it will still appear on a person’s criminal record. Defendants should, therefore, be aware of the consequences before they accept a plea agreement or plead guilty to a misdemeanor charge. A conviction entails:
- Criminal record – Regardless of the crime or violation, a misdemeanor results in a criminal record. A conviction can hinder employment with certain companies, obstructing a person’s possible career growth. Furthermore, a criminal record could also lead to a denial of college admissions or residency.
- License consequences – Driving violations can result in a suspension, revocation, or non-renewal of an offender’s driving license.
- Immigration – Offenders who reside in the country legally but aren’t US citizens may encounter problems with immigration after being charged with a misdemeanor. Deportation proceedings could ensue.
- Social issues – Since convictions are public information, the misdemeanor could affect an individual’s personal relationships.
How Can Matthew Jube Help?
Matthew Jube, Attorney at Law, represents clients in every case, whether big or small. He understands the long-term consequences of a misdemeanor and employs the legal strategies necessary to ensure that you obtain a fair outcome. By turning to a trustworthy and committed misdemeanor lawyer in Provo, Utah like him you can count on the following:
- Criminal law expertise – Matthew Jube has represented several clients charged with criminal offenses. He will provide skilled legal representation and build a solid case on your behalf.
- Gather evidence – He will obtain all the necessary documents for your case, including witness statements, police reports, and medical records.
- Prompt, efficient action – Matthew Jube and his associates act swiftly after you bring your case to us. Our prompt services guarantee the higher likelihood of a successful case.
- Protection from heavy penalties – He takes every action possible to protect you from court injustices so you won’t face heavy penalties. With Matthew Jube’s help, we will help acquit you of false charges if you are found guilty.
The earlier you enlist the services of experienced misdemeanor lawyers to review the facts of your case, the faster you’ll be able to reach the resolution that will benefit your situation.
If you or someone you know has been involved in a misdemeanor offense, hire the firm to represent your case. Matthew Jube works closely with clients so that they understand everything that’s going on with the case at every step. Get in touch today for a free evaluation of your case.