Provo and other areas of Utah Adoption Lawyer
Are you planning to adopt a child in Provo or other areas of Utah? Perhaps you’re wondering what your options are and if you’re eligible. The state regulates adoption and the courts consider the best interests of a child when making decisions. Before you can legally adopt a child in Utah, you need to understand how the law works.
Attorney Matthew P Jube, one of the top Provo and other areas of Utah adoption lawyers, will help you navigate the complexities of family and adoption law. He will provide the information you need to make the right decisions. Working with the law office of Matthew Jube is a smart decision, as you will get continuous support from an experienced lawyer.
Here are some of the things you need to know about the adoption law in Utah:
- Any eligible child or adult can be adopted, provided the process follows existing Utah adoption laws.
- An adopting person must be at least 10 years older than the child he or she wants to adopt.
- A married person can adopt, but must have the consent of his or her spouse.
- A child must live in the home of the adopting family for six months before the adoption is finalized.
- You may file an adoption petition in your local district court or in the Juvenile court, depending on the circumstances.
- If you’re going for a stepparent adoption, the child must live with you for at least one year.
- It generally takes six months to complete the adoption process.
- A knowledgeable attorney will assist you in filing the adoption petition in the court.
- Adoptive families and their lawyers must follow all the laws and statutes, including the Indian Child Welfare Act.
Why Hire Matthew P Jube?
Understanding the meaning of a particular adoption law statute can be overwhelming. There’s a big difference between in-state and dual-state adoption. In either situation, a knowledgeable adoption lawyer in Provo or other Utah areas can guide you through the process.
Matthew P Jube can provide honest, effective representation in a range of situations. His experience gave him the confidence and capabilities to render professional, competent, and compassionate service. Working with a lawyer is a good way to ensure the process goes as smoothly as possible. Matthew Jube will help you learn if a stepparent, international or foster care adoption is the best option for you. He stays updated with the latest changes in adoption law in Provo and other areas of Utah.
Contact the law office of Matthew Jube today and get the legal assistance and services you need.